Offered in Amherstview
Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington - Amherstview
A service of Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington (AMHS - KFLA)12
Case Management/Supportive Counselling & Services - Mental Health
Case Managers work with individuals who have mental health or addiction issues and are living independently in the community. Clients are assigned a Case Manager with whom they can meet regularly. Services are designed to assist clients in their home, work, school and social environments. Case Managers provide goal-oriented and individualized supports focusing on improved self-sufficiency, through assessment, planning, referrals, advocacy and the development of skills and resources that meet the individual’s needs. Meetings are confidential and can take place in the home, in a community setting (e.g. coffee shop), or at our offices.
Case management can assist with:
- Development of problem solving and coping skills.
- Development of skills for budgeting and personal care as well as time, anger and stress management.
- Learning about mental illness or addiction and symptom management.
- Connecting to other community supports and services.
- Interactions with landlords, Public Trustees, ODSP or other services.
- A consulting psychiatrist is available for consultation around medication and treatment options.